Choosing the right digital partner is crucial to the success of your business. You’ve probably heard stories about businesses’ experiences with partnerships that had gone wrong. Those give outsourcing a bad rep since businesses who are new to the process are very impressionable. Larger companies are not so quick to dismiss outsourcing as a strategy since it will always be an important factor for growing businesses.
So, the question is, how do you determine which one is the right digital marketing agency for your business?
1. What are your goals?
Determine what you want to achieve in this journey. Why do you want to improve your digital marketing strategy? Is it to increase leads? Increase visibility? Strengthen your brand awareness?
Once you determine what you want to achieve then decide on what you need to reach it. Do you need a full-range of digital marketing services? Or do you just require one service to be delivered? It’s important to be aware of what kinds of services you need and what tasks can be outsourced?
2. Do your research
Explore the options that are available to you. It’s important to know what the market has to offer. We’re confident that we can help you in reaching whatever digital marketing goals you’re targeting and would love to urge you to go with Axadra, but you have to do your research first. You have to know what the agencies out there are offering and then compare what to know which will be perfect for your needs.
What you need to know before choosing your outsourcing partner:
- Outsourcing and Offshore Outsourcing
Outsourcing - The transfer of business process or activities to a third party provider.
Offshore outsourcing - Refers to the transfer of business process or activities to a third party provider in another country.
Most businesses are not aware of the difference between these two, but they’re initially the same and the term outsourcing can be used as a general description for work or services being done by third-party providers.
Offshore outsourcing is gaining popularity, although it’s a practice that’s existed for decades and for many reasons. It’s practical, cost-efficient and it’s a way to get quality products or services that would otherwise take more time and money if produced in-house.
An example would be Apple outsourcing their screen panels from Samsung, a company 6000 miles away from the United States. Or how Unilever outsources some of their IT and finance roles to third party companies like Capgemini.
It’s all about choosing the processes that you think an expert can handle better than you which will make this strategy a booster for your business.
- Credibility. The first thing to do when looking for a digital marketing agency is to check how transparent they are on their website. Their contact information should be displayed clearly on their website. Check their body of work, if you like how they present themselves on their website then it’s time to reach out and talk to them.
- Do they have experience in dealing with your problems and challenges you’re facing?
Ask if they have experience working with a business like yours or if they have experience working in a similar industry. If they do, have them explain how it went and what they did for the business.
- Make sure they are well-rounded. They know what it’s like to be the client, the service provider and also that they can provide technical support. Since digital marketing will highly revolve around your website and optimising it, make sure that the agency can provide you with everything you need. Moreover, your account manager can easily explain to you the technical details that you need to optimise your website. For example, SEO and how to optimise your website for all devices.
Communication is important for a successful partnership. When talking to them, you should feel like they are easy to talk to. This means you understand each other and that you’re comfortable bringing up any topic, whether they’re ideas or issues like finances and budgeting. Simply put, your relationship should be open, honest and well aligned.
4. Study and negotiate contracts
When it comes to contracts, one important thing to look for is that they set realistic goals and expectations. You don’t want a ‘yes man’.
A ‘yes man’ is basically someone who just agrees to everything you say, may it be budget or timeline. This can extend to them agreeing to provide an added service you need even though it’s not within their scope of expertise. If you see that they can’t provide a thorough explanation of the process they’ll be implementing, then head in the other direction. Look for another partner. A yes man will agree to anything you say just to close a deal.
Require full transparency. Let them explain the contract to you and raise any questions you have, from the service process, to planning, to costing.
Most of the time each agency has their own strategy when it comes to pricing digital marketing services. Some will have put in an extra margin since they’re already negotiations to happen where they’re going to have to bring the price down. There are others who will offer you with the best price point blank. In any case, push for the price that fits your budget and a decent digital marketing agency will devise a strategy that will work for you.
At the end of the day you want solid answers to these two questions: Do they have the capability to deliver the results you want and do you like working with them.
You don’t just want to work with a capable agency, you want to work with someone who understands your ideas and your vision. Great communication is essential because you need to be on the same page as your partner agency. You also want their expertise so that they can inject their insights and tell you how to achieve your goals in the quickest most efficient way possible.
If you’re thinking about which country to best outsource your digital marketing efforts then you have to consider three factors:
- Expertise. With the changes in data-driven marketing and the advancement in technology, it’s important for your partner agency to be updated with the trends and to have proper training in IT. This includes web development, mobile marketing, SEO and more.
- Cost. One of the main reasons a company outsources, whether it’s a start-up or a large corporation, is to save costs while maintaining the quality of services. This ensures that you’re able to reap the benefits of saving resources while generating profit.
- Communication. Outsourcing is a common strategy for businesses all over the world and since it’s a global business, you want to work with an agency who both speaks your language and understands your brand’s vision as well.
One of the best countries to outsource to is the Philippines. It’s an ideal destination to outsource digital marketing services not just because it’s the third largest English-speaking country in the world (right behind the US and the UK) but because the country is a hotspot for BPO and KPO services. In less than 10 years, the country’s BPO industry alone has grown to achieve revenues of over $22 billion annually, making it the world’s number one destination for voice services. Its digital marketing agencies have a clear understanding of the market, whether it’s the European market, the US market or the Australian market. Not to mention, the Philippines is home to some of the most empathetic people in the world. Customer service is ingrained in their character, add this to a strong work ethic and you have a reliable and formidable partner.
Last but not least, outsourcing to a country where the cost of living isn’t as high compared to countries like the UK means that cost of services will be more reasonably priced while the quality of service remains to be top notch.
Ready to find the perfect fit?
A great digital marketing partner is an agency who has your best interest in mind. Beyond campaigns, a partner agency should be looking at building long-term brand value in the industry. So whether you’re outsourcing web design or SEO services, you have to look for an agency who isn’t just focused on the short-term campaign but has the vision for providing services that will contribute to the bigger goal. Digital marketing is growing at a fast rate and you need to evolve with it or else get left behind. Look for an agency who has expert talents to guide you and help you grow.